Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Something to be truly thankful for.

I got a job! And it's a real job, not a retail-crappy-I-need-the-income job! That uses skills/interests cultivated in BOTH my college majors! Holy freakin' cow!

I am supposed to start Tuesday. The company and the people seem cool, and I think I will like the job. It will be part-time for awhile (probably through January, I am told) for training and evaluation, then go full-time. Benefits 90 days after full-time employment and a raise from the part-time wage.

I'm assuming some semblance of discretion is appropriate for employment, even though my full name is plastered all over this site, but I'll keep that kind of info on the down-low. Everyone knew about my lab job at school, sure, but whaaatever. I will say that it is a job in quality assurance at a market research firm, and my commute looks to be about 25-30 minutes each way. Public transit is probably not a reasonable option, but the freeway exit is the same as my favorite grocery haunts.

Okay, back to cleaning and DAMN am I hungry. Hooray for Chinese leftovers. Mmm, Szechuan-style faux chicken...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay emmy!! :D:D

Julie said...

Congratulations! =) I hope it turns out as well as it sounds.