Thursday, April 24, 2003

Can we just finish this thing up?

People can be so enthusiastic about the future. Especially when they're selling something.

Not to me, of course. I'm just part of the future they want to portray.

"Do you think this is going to help you in the future?"

I don't know. Maybe? It's an experience I've incorporated into my worldview, into my adaptation of what it means to interact with fellow humans for my own aims. So is that helping? How do I say that, smiling for the camera when they preen my collar and compliment my rosy cheeks?

A reporter from a local paper had been hired to ask the questions. She acted very interested. Half the time she seemed genuine in her interest; half the time she simply had to restate questions the crew had for me.

...this entry's been sitting here for several days now; I don't think now is the time to finish it, but I do want to get it out of the way so I can post something new.

No comments: