Saturday, March 20, 2004

Back in the Saddle Again

I'm at work for the first time since December. It's anticlimactic after my paltry job search of February 2004. I'd hoped to find something--not better, but different; something with new lessons for me.

This place is so familiar, like riding a bicycle, except not, because riding a bicycle always makes me nervous.

And no one is here to give a fuck that I was 15 minutes late.

It wasn't my fault. Somehow, I missed the 8:30 bus without ever seeing it, so I drove to work and figured out where to park right at 9 a.m. Then it took me 15 minutes to wander around and through the behemoth that is the Health Sciences/UWMC complex to get to the library. Matters were, of course, complicated by it being Saturday and as such, most doors were locked, or I would've been here sooner, but never mind that. I was late, I noted it in my timesheet, and only one person was here to be bothered by it.

At least when I have to work tomorrow, I'll already know all this and can plan accordingly. I'll have to drive, too, because the 68 doesn't run on Sundays. Parking is free on Sundays, though. None of this $3 so you can sit at work shit. Thank god football season is over.

I really need to get my act together on sending Josie things. I kept a journal-letter-thing awhile ago that I need to send; I should write another letter to enclose with the CDs Kevin burned for me to send her. (Josie, you will have to wait with bated breath to see just which CDs they are! Heh.) So, lots of letters from my lazy ass.

I really should've packed a lunch or something. I am starting to get the munchies. I've forgotten how long four hours here seems.

No comments: