Wednesday, March 10, 2004

I'm Updating, OK?

Certain out-of-towners (here I count Olympia and Aman, Jordan, equally out of town relative to me) have requested I update this blog. So, here I am.

The problem with updating is: I have nothing to talk about.

I am less angry today. That's a start.

On Sunday, I rented Season 1, Disc 1 of Showtime's Queer as Folk. On Monday, I rented Discs 2 and 3. And watched them all on Monday. Steph is playing catch-up before I return them tomorrow night. It's trashy as hell, but entertaining, and a damn sight better than, say, Judge Judy.

Today I planted some seeds in expanded peat pellets wrapped in mesh. I am trying to grow spinach, cilantro, flat-leaf parsley, and a variety of lettuce, some of which will go in the dirt and some in pots. I am also planning to grow tomatoes, carrots, strawberries, and some sort of viney thing--Steph likes sweet peas despite their impracticality; I am thinking of sugar snap peas.

Kevin and I explored the shed/former garage in my yard. It has an awful lot of random shit in it, including the crap we've put in there. Some of it may even come in handy.

I wish we were allowed to have pets, because I suddenly really want bunnies again. Although I am far too selfish to actually own animals, I do miss the bunnies. And those sweet little guys look so much like the Holland Lops I used to have, except they live indoors and won't fuck anything that moves.

I am feeling very lazy in the kitchen and nearly skilled with the crosswords.

The second wireless card from buy.com was incompatible with the version of PCI my motherboard support, meaning my computer wouldn't boot with the card inside. Kevin decided the easiest way to find a card that WOULD work was to buy five different cards at Fry's and try them all until something worked. I will pay him for the card that works and he returns the rest. Good lord.

I'm going back to my old job over spring break, so at least I'll have some income for a few months before I no longer have the excuse of school. Hooray.

Oh, and last Saturday--after getting absolutely no sleep at my mom's house, *through no fault of her own*--I met Christine, Graylan, and Adam (Ad-man!) at Voula's for brunch. Awesome! Hadn't seen Graylan since the new year and Adam in... I don't know how long. Adam reserved the seat at the edge of the table for Josie.

And that, as they say, is it.

No comments: