Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Elections Are A Crock

Washington Presidential Primary Might Be Eliminated

And really, who cares, right? The state caucus will only pay attention to 20% of the primary votes compared with 80% of the caucus votes. And that's new, besides. So primary voting is essentially "worthless" and wastes a ton of state funds, right? And the people have to work much harder to have a goddamn say. Have to not find it hard to align yourself with a party whose political ideologies are to be as centrist as possible.

I'll vote Democrat. I just don't consider myself one. I'm left of Dem. I don't see real change as a possibility except in the sense that things are pretty fucking terrible right now and most of them are things I'd sure as hell expect any Democrat to get rid of or change so significantly that they aren't the problem they are now.

But I could be wrong. I've been disappointed before.

The news is all bad today.

No comments: