Monday, September 22, 2003

The Empress Has New Clothes

Because she'd freeze to death without them.

I have lots of photos of the vegetarian dishes my mom and I cooked and of beautiful sunsets in Seaside to share, but there was more to the weekend than all that. But I do think they were mom's favorite parts.

I'll just link to the sunset photos, 'cos I kept them rather large. But that is for the next entry.

Mom and Livia, her quiet new student from Indonesia, came to Seattle to pick me up Wednesday evening. I'd just eaten a big bowl of noodles, but they were hungry, so we went to New China Express. On Thursday morning, mom and I set out for Portland to grab lunch and go shopping. As per my last entry about clothes, mom wanted to take me clothes shopping, so we went to Lloyd Center.

But first, there was lunch at a place near the mall called Wok 'n' Roll, which was pretty tasty. I got some grilled tofu with lemongrass thing; quite yummy indeed. Impressively yummy for non-fried tofu, anyway.

We walked all over the mall and ended up buying a few things. I got some hazelnut brown corduroys at Sears (heh) and several items at Meier and Frank: brown sweater, white blouse (sans serious bust-popping issues), nice slippers, cozy black hoodie, and a very nice black microfiber raincoat with warm lining and hood. I am expecting the worst from this winter, so I'll need all the help I can get from my clothes.

The only other serious shopping trip occurred on Saturday, after our spa experience (I'll get to that later). We went to the outlet mall to see if the Jones New York store had these t-shirts in mom's size that she liked at Meier and Frank. No such luck, but I did get stuff at Bass. Bass is a hell of a lot like the Gap, except it's not actually the Gap, and therefore I feel less dirty going there. Besides, their pants like to fit me. So I got a couple pairs of pants--gray tweed slacks and gray-blue cords--two fuzzy warm v-neck sweaters in dark gray and maroon, a lambswool lime/sage green sweater, zip-up dark blue hoodie sweater, and long-sleeved t-shirts in red and sky blue with polo-type collars and v-necks. Very preppy, but in a way I can use with my less-than-preppy other stuff, maybe. Warm, anyway.

I will get to the actual weekend stuff later, assuming I don't have to do anything at work.

Oh, and there is something funny going on with the billing for gas at my house and I have to attempt to straighten it out with the landlord. If I can get it straight myself, that is. Unnughh.

No comments: