Saturday, May 10, 2003

Blogger Monster, Uhm-Num-Num!

Love to Russia, particularly Petersburg on Sunday, 'cause that's where and when my dear friend Christine celebrates her 21st birthday. Not that the occasion matters in Russia the same way it does here, but I'm sure we'll take her out when she gets home.

Blogger ate my last version of this post. Every time this happens, I think for a split second that I will reform my haphazard ways and type every entry in a separate program and paste it into the Blogger entry form... yeah, but no. This happens so seldom that it is a passing annoyance. I have dozens of ways to phrase the same boring entry! Who needs the original!

What was particularly vexing about this screw-up was that it not only ate the post, it crashed my browser. I run Mozilla with about a million tabs because I find it easier to switch between tabs than windows, so I lost a number of open sites that may or may not have contained information I'll eventually want again but can't find.

The crash, however, allows me to start off writing about something other than my original entry, which began with a recap of housing-related events. I'm sure you're all tired of my housing woes. I know I am. But anyway, here's a rundown of the news as I know it: Graylan's out, Chris' sister Margaret is possibly in, and the U-District house is almost ours. Chris is the chief correspondant in this case, so everything I know is second hand. We shall know more as events unfold.

Beyond that and school--what school? what midterm?--I am making summer plans. Blur is playing Seattle in June, Bjork is playing the Gorge in August (and I am so excited), and Winnie the Malaysian might be dropping by for a week or so.

Actually, I just realized Bjork's concert is scheduled for the one-year anniversary of my father's death, at least if I'm remembering dates right. These things become blurry because that was such a weird time. Hmm. I don't know what that means. I can't miss Bjork; she never comes to this country. Is that selfish? I am trying to think if there would be some kind of Bjork-dad connection, but I'm hard pressed.

Oh, dammit. Less elated. Must get more elated. Need elation!

Today is dad's birthday. He would've been 53.

Hmm.

My mom is coming up today and I'm going back to Olympia for the night. Just for the hell of it, I guess. I think I'm taking her to lunch. Koko is supposed to cook dinner, which will be cool. I might go see Eric Schlosser, author of Fast Food Nation, at OFS tomorrow. I should stop by Becky's sometime, too. I need to study for my psych midterm, and fall registration is Monday at 6 a.m.

I'm stealing the Civic and will pick up Margot from the airport next Saturday. We talked last night and I promised to bring takeout teriyaki for her. She was excited. It made me happy. It will even be worth waiting for the inevitably long time that it will take to get takeout from Tokyo Garden in the middle of the U-District Street Fair.

I should be studying, or at least catching up on my reading. It can be hard to care.

listening: r.e.m. - star me kitten

No comments: