Thursday, May 15, 2003

More Upcoming Concerts!

Whoa, dudes. I just read in the Stranger today that Tori Amos is touring with Ben Folds and they're playing some venue in Redmond at the end of July. I dig Ben Folds, and Kevin loves them both, so we're so there.

Also, Wilco is opening for R.E.M. on Monday at this year's Bumbershoot, which is way cool.

My concert tastes sound very tame these days, don't they?

I really need to get out more.

Maybe I can convince someone to go see Xiu Xiu and the Dead Science at CoCA with me at the end of the month. I really wanna see Xiu Xiu for some reason.

Today we signed the lease. The adventure begins. We have the keys now, but we can't move in until the walk-through with the leasing agent on Tuesday afternoon. Chris says there are four large bedrooms on the second floor, so that's absolutely perfect. No one gets banished to the basement! It can be all fun and games.

I have some reservations about living with Margaret, but I'm sure it'll be fine. She seemed upset that I would reject dogs in the house entirely because she's a dog person. I am so not. She is also much more stylish and hip than I am, I think, but we are both into cooking, so maybe we can find a common ground there. Or we'll have kitchen wars. Time will tell.

As soon as I finish this bowl of black beans and rice, I am off to check out the inside of the house (finally). I am driving, because I am so tired of walking. I have been up all frickin' day.

No comments: