Friday, May 02, 2003

I'm useless on Fridays.

I can talk and talk and talk all the live-long day and get absolutely zero work done. It's brilliant, really. I love Fridays. I skip a class, I attend another class, I work for five hours and chat with my coworkers. Today I learned about the preparation of various seafoods, including tuna, geoduck, and periwinkle, from a coworker whose parents own a restaurant.

The house-hunt continues. There are currently three places in the running:

#1 is a place we have yet to see, but based on the description Chris received over the phone ("three-bedroom charmer") and the location squarely within the bounds of south Wallingford, it sounds like our best bet so far. The listing is new, so I doubt many others have jumped on it; the price is all right--$1400. So we'll have to wait and see.

#2 is another Wallingford dwelling, right by McDonald's on the west side of Stone Way and right off the bus route. It's a nice house, but it feels cramped. The ceilings are low--bad for my 6'+ roomies--but the yard is expansive for in-city. It's also pretty inexpensive, a mere $1350. Chris and I saw it last night, along with half a dozen others, and honestly, we didn't like it that much. It would work, though.

Which brings us to #3, which is a little chateau in the wilds of Fremont a block west of Aurora. It looks fairly spacious, but the outside looks fairly run-down. There is no off-street parking, which I guess isn't that big a deal for us, but there also doesn't appear to be a washer/dryer hooked up where they ought to be. Oh, and also, it's attached to a two-story apartment building in the back. Weird, no? It's only still in the running at all because it's dirt cheap--$1250.

So. Them's the options. We're taking another look at #2 tomorrow evening with Graylan in tow, and Chris has a call-in to #1 and #3 for potential showings, too.

Here's hoping #1 rocks our socks.

I'm off work now. Must find something interesting to do with eggplant. I think I'm just going to fry slices of it. Nummy.

No comments: