Tuesday, May 06, 2003

The House-Hunting Saga Continues

Since my last post, wherein I mentioned Chris and I wanting to jump on #2 due to lack of seemingly available options, several things have developed.

8:20 p.m. Sent email to group suggesting said jump and implying reasons.

Evening passes. Kevin and I watch some Monty Python; I sleep the night away, go to class, come home for lunch after sending off a book sold on Half.com and paying more for shipping than my alotted reimbursement due to packaging cost.

12:38 p.m. Graylan emails all of us saying no, he'd prefer not to, but if we're set on it, we'll have until September to find him a replacement. He says he will be exploring other options.

12:44 p.m. Panicked, I write back. We're not set on it! I cry. We just feel we're left with few options and a looming deadline of lease expiration. I urge him to keep us in the loop.

12:54 p.m. Chris and I begin searching Greenlake for new alternatives. We find one with pictures that looks nice and email the url to Graylan and co., asking Jen if $450 is too much for her to bear. This place is $1500, our absolute limit.

I go to class, still stressed about the whole house-thing.

2:23 p.m. The "sunshine flu" landlord from #1 calls Chris, backassedly apologizing for being difficult the day before and offering to show us the place at our convenience. Chris urges us to step on it.

3:43 p.m. I get home from class, and, elated by Chris' email, talk to Chris. He gets me to send way too many emails to Graylan about going to catch a bus to see it as soon as humanly possible. Chris then gets me to wake Kevin up so we don't have to bus and get there even sooner.

4:19 p.m. Kevin should be here any goddamn second. No word from Graylan, whom I think has gone to the Harem, where we will try to pick him up before heading to the place.

Wish us luck!

No comments: