Thursday, June 26, 2003

Things That Work!

When things work, it's exciting.

The new version of Blogger (apparently it's called Dano) presented two minor problems. One, my commenting broke (thanks to Jesse for pointing that out in an email with the subject, "blogfucker." I love wanton swearing), so I finally thought to check the Poster Child website to see if they had a fix. I just needed to put quote around part of their code in my template to make it work with the new version, yay.

The other problem was a new thing, and that's Blogger's new title field. I've been using titles for awhile now--if you hadn't noticed--with simple html goodness. Now I can let Blogger do that all for me! Thanks, Blogger! But first, I had to get it to work, which was slightly tricky because the proper code needed in the template didn't show up when I changed my settings.

Sammy just said I am a haxtress. I think that's going a bit far.

I was able to fix my computer recently, though. Xmms suddenly stopped recognizing the existence of ogg vorbis-encoded sound files, despite the latest version of the vorbis tools being installed. The fix? Reinstall xmms. Heh. I am the hax-mastah.

My one story idea is looking increasingly dull as I research it, so I am a little lost. Maybe something will show up later... maybe I'll have to swing by the newslab after work and see if any story requests came in...

No comments: