Monday, August 11, 2003

Everything Is OK, Kinda

Lftp is no friend of sftp. I should be able to use secure file transfer protocol in a command line interface, right? So why doesn't it work?

Stupid, stupid.

Speaking of stupid, though, I tried to make myself some coffee about an hour ago. I wanted to be able to concentrate better on the story I'm working on.

Guess who got so absorbed in her work that she completely forgot about the boiling water until the smoke detector went off?

The damn teapot's enamel had started melting onto the burner element. Ew. Ahh, sweet poisonous gas.

Josie came by earlier. Things seem to be in order for her to move in as soon as Chris gets Margaret's key and talks to the landlord about the lease and a pet deposit.

Of course, Chris wasn't awake when she came by because he was doped up on codeine from his ER visit. Hurrah for really bad migraines when you didn't know you got migraines! Poor Chris.

Anyway, pursuant to a previous entry, I didn't turn in anything today, and I don't want to turn in the story I have ready for tomorrow until I have something else to turn in with it. I'm afraid he's going to think I'm a gigantic slacker for it because it's in first person and about my sunburn. I did outside research, though, so it's not just opinion or anything. But I could have one or two more stories for Wednesday. That would be optimal. I have legs out for a total of three stories this week, which leaves me with only three for next week.

Here's what I've done:
-kid with a brain tumor (Bothell-Kenmore Reporter)
-Immigrant Workers Freedom Ride (Northwest Asian Weekly)
-Christine's authentic Russian experience

Here's what I've got going on this week:
-severe sunburn
-DO-IT on accessible web design or ???
-Windows security trouble and the UW campus

Here are my ideas for next week:
-the juice story (Naked vs. Odwalla)
-HSL remodel
-the one allowed opinion/review article
-whatever else I can think of...

If I can do the above, I'll have enough. I'd like that. I'd like not to be a fuckup, though I'm pretty sure I couldn't ask Mike for a glowing letter of recommendation.

Anyway, time now to breathe a little.

No comments: